We're excited you are considering helping out! We have a list of several ways you can contribute below, but if you understand the essence of our mission then you may already have an idea of the things you can help with. For example, if you are an architect, you know you can probably help us design the buildings for our campus even though we may not have such a task listed. There's so much to plan for we can't put every possible task up at once, so part of helping out also includes helping us figure out what steps we need to take to make our goals a reality.
First things first
To begin, you should join our forums and our Discord as these are our primary ways of communicating with each other. Also, subscribing to our social media channels, as well as watching, liking, and sharing our videos/posts helps increase their popularity which will only further spread our message and bring more people on board, bringing us that much closer to reaching our goals. With that said, here's a quick list of things you can do to get involved and immediately help us out:
- Register on our forum and introduce yourself (and let us know what you can help with).
- Join our Discord and say hi. 👋
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel and podcast. (Anchor.fm hosts the podcast on several different podcast-hosting websites, all of which you can subscribe to if you want to be a completionist. 😛)
- Beyond merely subscribing to the channels, I also encourage you to actually watch our videos so you can familiarize yourself with our vision and philosophy. It's important that we're all on the same page with regard to what we're working towards and what our core principles are. 👍
- Also, if there's a video that resonates with you, please share it with your friends, family, and on your social media. The more people we expose our ideas to, the more people that will join and the faster we'll get to where we want to be!
- Like our Facebook page.
- Interested in living with us in Phase 1 of the community? Start here
Beyond that, the following are additional ways you can get involved with the project.
Tasks that need doing
If you want to get a sense of what we're working on and stuff we've got planned to do, check out our Trello — it's a project management tool that is used to help manage collections of tasks. Our Trello is divided into four separate boards:
- Organization — tasks related to the Infinite Love organization itself. This includes tasks related to our operations, our websites, any of the tools we use, marketing, business and legal stuff, etc. If you have any questions or comments about the organization itself, the tasks we're working on, or how we do things, or you want to contribute, you can let us know in a post on our Meta forum.
- Research — tasks related to all our research efforts related to our philosophy and vision. This includes both research, data analysis, and writing. If you have any questions or comments related to our research, or you want to contribute with research, you can let us know in a post on our Research forum.
- Outreach — tasks related to all out outreach efforts. This includes all the content we post on our social media channels, networking, fundraising, etc. If you have any questions or comments related to our outreach efforts, or want to help out with outreach, you can let us know in a post on our Outreach forum.
- Community — tasks related to our project to build a community of our own. This includes everything from planning, designing, building, and maintaining the community. If you have any questions or comments related to our Community, or you want to help out with the Community, you can let us know in a post on our Community forum.
If you see a task that you think you'd like to contribute to, let us know in a post on our forum and we'll make sure you have what you need and are connected with anyone else also working on the task.
Roles that need filling
Any person in the world can create an account on our forum and start helping out anonymously — that's totally fine. However, we can't just give random people access to our tasks board and wiki and other such areas willy-nilly because invariably there will be a troll who wants to come along and create a mess. Accordingly, to get access to more sensitive areas you'll have to earn our trust, and you do that primarily by sticking around for a while and contributing over a long period. However, for those who want to earn our trust faster and want to formally be involved with a particular role in the organization (especially leadership/management roles), that happens by submitting an application, which means sharing your real identity, work experience, your skills, etc. You will also interview with us, much like when applying to a typical job. However, unlike a typical job, the application process isn't about rejecting people — there are always ways people can help — but rather it's simply about getting to know you, your desires, and your skillset so we know where you are best suited to contribute. All our positions are unpaid until funding permits, but we will probably offer various perks in the long run, on top of the obvious advantage that any staff member will have elevated priority in their application to join our Community once it's built, should they desire to do so.
There are many roles to fill in our organization, so don't hesitate to apply even if you don't see a role listed for your skillset.
If you aren't able to contribute your time but still want to help out, the best way is to donate! Once our organization is formally incorporated, you will likely even be able to get a tax-deduction with your donation. Every donation will be carefully recorded so that — assuming you provide your name and contact info — if we ever decide to do any kickstarter-like fundraising in the future, you'll automatically be eligible for the benefits of the tier at your donation level. That includes if you donate multiple times or multiple ways, as long as you use the same name and contact info each time. For more information, check out our Donations page.